Friday, January 16, 2009

My Story

I have another blog, Random Thoughts, and in one post I related my story of how I took charge of my life and my health and now, two years later, I'm about 50 pounds lighter. Others have seen that as an inspiration and, thus, this blog was started.

I am not a health professional in any sense, just an average CPA. I don't profess to be an expert. I made the right kind of lifestyle changes - you know, the ones the doctors are always telling you about - and the they will work for everyone. Its just a matter of taking charge.

Its also a process, and a slow one. I won't repeat that you didn't gain the weight overnight so you can't lose it overnight. Oops, too late. This has been a two year journey for me and I'm still not finished yet. And even when that number on the scale hits what you want, the journey is ongoing to keep it there. That's why these are lifestyle changes. It should, hopefully, make that phase of the journey easier.

You won't find any stories of magic pills. I don't endorse any program over another. That's not to say they don't have value and are successful, but not for me. I'm sharing how I did it, and others will participate as well, and that is the purpose of this blog.

Now. Having disclaimed any responsibility for anyone else choices, let's get started.

No comments: