Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Secret

Move More, Eat Less

That, my friends, in a nutshell, seems to be the secret that everyone is searching for.

Sounds simple enough.

Four small words.

Easy concept.

But, oh so tough sometimes.

I seem to have had a lot of people noticing lately the weight loss. People around town that I haven't seen in a while and so forth. So I have had to answer the question quite a bit lately "How did you do it?"

I think most of them are a little disappointed that I didn't join Weight Watchers (very big thing to do around here) or have any medical procedures. I think people really are looking for a quick fix and it just isn't out there. Taking control of your life and health is work and it has to be treated as such. It is your job and no one can do it for you.

Much as we'd like them sometimes.

You have to face every day and make choices - about what you'll eat, how much you'll eat, what kind of exercise will fit into your day and so forth.

It isn't easy. It isn't always pretty.

But anything worth doing is worth doing well.

So go for it.

And remember. Even at your real job you sometimes have a casual day or a work day or some kind of day out of the normal routine. You'll have these days in this also. Days where you don't make the healthiest choices. But, just like in real life, your same job is still waiting on you the next day and if you slip a little one day with this then you just get right back on the program the next day.

You can do it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is the one I really meant to come back to ... It's so true..."we all want a secret" but there isn't one. It's discipline and hard work.

Anyway, I really liked this one. :)